Monday 31 August 2015

A Rest Day in Aspley

We had planned to cruise today (Monday) but the Weather Bureau forecast was mostly right, it rained and rained. It did stop  long enough in the morning for Rachael and I to drop over to Sainsbury's to pick up a few groceries but when we came back out of the shop the rain was back on. That was the story for the day on again, off again rain.

I got a bit of cabin fever after lunch and headed up the canal about a mile to see if B & Q (hardware store for the Aussie readers) had a few items I was in need of, specifically the wheelbarrow wheels I mentioned in the last post. While I was along the canal this far, as I said, only a mile really, I decided to go the extra few hundred metres to see if I could find nb Ferndale. It wasn't hard to find at all but alas it was completely devoid of its human contents or Ray and Diane saw me coming and wouldn't open the door.


Rachael continues to remind me that I have painting to do on Serafina so while I was at B & Q, besides finding those wheelbarrow wheels at a the same price Amazon were offering them, just over £8, I also picked up an extension lead so I could use the electric sander. I think I am ready to go...if the rain stops!

We are going to stay put and see how Tuesday shapes up although the forecast for the week is cloudy with showers so I might get to try out my new waterproof jacket!

4 comments:

  1. How will the wheelbarrow wheels be used? Sorry, my question is not a joke. I really don't know! Thanks, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    I bought two 16" wheels to use as really wide fenders. There are few spots along the GU and particularly the Oxford Canal where you need to be that far from the bank to stop the hull from hitting submerged ledges and in the case of the Oxford I understand it is more the shape of the canal.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought our wheelbarrow wheels at Screwfix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom,

    You could have knocked me over with a feather when B & Q actually stocked something a little out left field! Saved me trying the Royal Mail Poste Restante again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for comment we'll have a read of your comment and get right back to you with a reply.